Cheetah is being used in a wide variety of commercial, government,
academic, personal, and open-source projects & products. Products
built with Cheetah are used by many of the Fortune 500.
This page provides selected examples. It is not an exhaustive list. If
you use Cheetah and wish to be added here, please send an email to the mailing
- One major example of commercial use are the email gateway appliances from
IronPort Systems, which are
used by the largest corporations and ISPs in the world. IronPort's products
contain over a million lines of Python and use Cheetah plus Aquarium for their user interfaces.
- A prominent example of government use is Incident News, which provides news,
photos, and other information about spill incidents and response actions in
the U.S. A larger private site is used to feed the items on the public
site. The site is maintained by the Hazardous Materials Response Division,
Office of Response and Restoration, National Ocean Service, National Oceanic
and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), in support of U.S. Coast Guard incident
- The University of St. Andrews,
in Scotland, uses Python + Cheetah for their student records system.
St. Andrews is the 3rd oldest university in the English speaking world. See
this write-up for
- It is supported by, and used with, every major Python web
- Cheetah is included in FreeBSD and most major Linux distributions:
Gentoo, Fedora, Red Hat, Debian, and Ubuntu among others.
boot/provisioning server for Fedora and Red Hat uses Cheetah heavily.
- reddit.com 50,000 unique visitors/days
- Gentoo Linux
- Dentalle Inc.
- http://bosco.tigris.org/ A JMI-compliant template-based code generator. It reads XMI files and generates the corresponding source code, in different object-oriented languages (Java, Eiffel, Python, C++). In the case of Java, the generated code implements the JMI interfaces.
- http://www.intertwingly.net/blog/ , blog of Sam Ruby, Apache Foundation Director
- http://klive.cpushare.com/ , Andrea Arcangeli's "Linux Kernel Live Usage Monitor"
- http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/ , Cobbler is a centralized provisioning (network deployment) server for Fedora and Red Hat based Linux distributions. Cobbler uses Cheetah for rendering kickstart files, DHCP configurations, PXE configuration trees, and to power its web user interface.
- http://www.axiomfire.com/ All internal tools and live eDialogues built with Cheetah
- http://initd.org/ (makers of psycopg and pysqlite)
- http://www.asti-usa.com/ (Andrew Kuchling is currently porting their large web app to Cheetah)
- http://snurf.bdash.net.nz/ a Python-based blogging system
- http://www.teenwag.com/ 120,000+ users per day
- http://invisiblecastle.com/ free gaming site, 70,000 hits a month
- http://tools.arlut.utexas.edu/DryDock/ a large web-publishing application focussed on workflow
- Cheetah supports internationalization and has a large non-English userbase, including:
- Red Hat
- Road Runner
- Capital One
- Liberty Mutual
- Continental Airlines
- General Foods
- Prudential Financial
- Dentalle Inc.
- Dentall Inc. (China)
- Hundreds of dental practices
- Imperial Optical
- Wolf Bioscience
- Hundreds of eye-care practices
- John Hopkins University
- Harvard University
- University of St. Andrews
- University of British Columbia
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- Societe Generale
- Juniper Networks
- Liberty Mutual
- RJ Renolds
- Charter Communications
- BNP Paribas
- L.A. Care Health Plan
- Salt Lake County
- Grand Prairie ISD